Thursday, September 13, 2007

Favorite Page and Favorite Tool

[August 19, cont.]

I already have the basic layout for the next page. The colors in the elements make it easy for me to come up with embellishments, which will be two epoxy stickers (image 1).

Image 1
I speculate that I'll professionally cut some fall leaves to go with the theme of the page - probably brown, yellow and a few red or orange for a punch of other color. I also want to put "then" and "now" beside each of the images of the dairy barn and the present-day winery.

But it is time to quit for the night. I have to be able to keep my eyes open!

[August 20]

Summer is napping. I just put the folded clothes away, and now I'm ready to get back to scrapbooking.

I cut the leaves as planned, deciding that orange is too bright for this muted color scheme, nearly monochromatic. I choose yellow and brown instead, mat the postcard on brown (from the Colonial paper pack) to "lift" it off the page a bit. I write the description from the back of it onto a yellow journaling box from Cottage Storybox using purple fine-tip pen to go with the text in the cutout from the brochure (a surplus from previous page). (image 2)

Image 2
Now, I'm ready to adhere everything. First, I need to turn my cutout into a sticker using my sticker maker. I make faint tick marks on the page where the sticker will go to ensure the layout isn't skewed. A pencil is my cannot-live-without tool. I use it for aligning things, making the right size cutouts, drawing outlines, etc. It's indespensible! I use a No. 2 pencil, but I'd highly recommend a photo labeling pencil, as it will not harm your photos if the pencil were to come in contact with them.

My sticker is ready so I carefully paste it to my page. Next, I apply the postcard using tape runner, then the journaling box. I use the mini tape runner to adhere the leaves. Doing this page is making me eager for the crisp autumn air to arrive and for those slightly chilly mornings perfect for leisurely sipping coffee.

After applying the leaves, I adhere the two epoxy stickers, which give the page a little dimension. Now, I'm ready to add the ABC/123 stickers in wine, using Titletopia. I pull out my trusty multi-purpose tool and clips. Clips hold the Titletopia aligner and backing sheet together while the multi-purpose tool helps me place the ABC/123 stickers onto the backing sheet (image 3).


Image 3
I'm using all caps for the "then" and "now" because subconsciously I think caps contributes to the bold, curt statements. I transfer the THEN stickers to my page and immediately repeat the steps for NOW. With the transfer of those letters complete, I've made quick work of this simple, yet favorite page (image 4).

Image 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. Tell me what you think! Got a burning question? Ask me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails