Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hawaii Revisited






I've been working diligently over the last few months to transfer my pix from a now long ago trip to Kauai, Hawaii, from a Target-bought photo album that was half falling apart to a shiny PicFolio Milestones Coverset. I'm more than halfway done, and I'm quite pleased with the result.





It's no fun having pictures in one place and memorabilia in another, right? So, finally, I've merged the two, and a few embellishments ta boot.




I started by culling all the pictures, captions, and memorabilia, then assembled and inserted them all in chronological order throughout the album. As I move on to each page, I know exactly what I need to incorporate. It's akin to the Power Layouts method.






What's even better is that I kept a journal of the trip to visit a friend when she lived there. How fantastic to recall my thoughts and memories from that week-long stint in paradise! I recorded details I would have never remembered otherwise.







I'm using the Delight & Discover milestones kit, Delight paper, Surfer Girl Power Palette Addition, and Delightful paper flowers, buttons and ribbon. Everything coordinates beautifully.




I also have some miscellaneous tropical page completion kits on hand also that coordinate well with some of the local grave groves, landmarks and relics.


I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the PicFolio Milestones Coverset, but it is just as versatile as the traditional albums now that the pages are removable and larger sleeves are available for memorabilia or large pictures. It's the perfect blend of traditional scrapbooking plus easy-to-use, slide-style photo album. I can still be creative yet it doesn't take me days to plan and complete a page!

Thirty-three pages thus far and still counting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. Tell me what you think! Got a burning question? Ask me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails